Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Re: [firebird-support] Restoring Backup

 

Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 12:22:31 PM, Hugo Eyng wrote:

> Hello.

> I tried to restore a backup using the -BU 200000 switch and gbak
> returned an error message: invalid parameter.

That is not a gbak message. If you are using a third-party tool, it
is likely to be some limit imposed by that - or a bug?

> Then I change the value 200000 by 120000 and gbak worked.

> Is it a limitation?

With Firebird 2.5.5 64-bit, I am able to execute this with no error:

gbak -c -bu 800000 h:\data\backups\backup20160131.fbk
h:\data\restores\restored20160224.fdb -user sysdba -password xyxyxyxy

(Although I cannot think why I would want such a huge number of pages
in the cache, not even 120000!!)

HB

__._,_.___

Posted by: Helen Borrie <helebor@iinet.net.au>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (2)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu.  Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment