Sunday, 28 August 2016

Re: [firebird-support] After update trigger: the same values for new.somefiled and old.somefield

 

Hello Sean,

>>> For some reason they both have the new value and I can't figure out why.
>>> If I didn't misread all the articles, I've found, completely, then
>>> they should be different, shouldn't they?
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm using Firebird 2.5.2.26539.
>>
>> Any chance that another trigger is changing the value?
>
> I was thinking that myself, but Patrick said that it was the "old" value which was being changed to the "new" value.

Right. Perhaps NEW is changed to OLD?

>
> Another trigger (a BEFORE UPDATE trigger), in a single update operation/chain, can only change the "new" value, nothing should be able to change the "old" value.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
http://www.upscene.com/

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Thomas Steinmaurer <ts@iblogmanager.com>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu.  Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment