Thanks Mark,
I saw those collations, but they are for Spanish, French and Portugese.
All but a very small part of my DB will be in US-EN.
I added a column to a table with charset ISO8859_1 and collation ES_ES_CI_AI. Indeed it was case insensitive for what I tried, however I'm not familiar enough to know if this would apply for all cases.
Does ES_ES_CI_AI work equally well for English? I expect yes, since all the english characters are present in the spanish alphabet, but I tough I would check now while I am in the design stage.
Regards,
Rick
__._,_.___
Posted by: rick@seedsbydesign.com
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (4) |
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu. Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.
Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu. Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.
Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
.
__,_._,___
No comments:
Post a Comment